Do you love numbers? Is being accurate one of your good qualities? And do you enjoy experiencing multiple facets of Finance? Then this Finance internship is definitely for you!
Together with the Back Office Manager you are responsible for many financial duties, and will be working closely with other departments as well.
During this internship you have the opportunity to be part of a motivated and young team in which you as an intern get the chance to discover what the financial operations of the INK Hotel necessitates. One day you are busy sending the purchase invoices of our hotels to Central Accounting (headquarters) and the next day you are working on the daily reports for the management team. Each month you are responsible for the month-end closing and monitoring F&B stock. Moreover, you will get the opportunity to write your thesis and conduct research for the hotel. Besides, you will have one designated thesis day per week to fully focus on your studies!
Hereby an overview of your main tasks, however, certainly there is lots of room for you to learn outside of this list!
· Supporting the Back Office Manager in making reports, ad hoc tasks and analyses.
· Receive purchase invoice and forward it to Central Accounting.
· Request approval of invoice through Trade shift from Department Head.
· Check F&B Daily discounts and Void.
· Reconcile the operating systems Opera and Micros.
· Assist with month end closing.
· F&B monthly inventory control.
· Supporting F&B with stockroom control.
· Booking Bank Transactions.
INK Hotel Amsterdam is a luxury design hotel,
and owes its name to the rich history of the building in which, as former home
of the Dutch newspaper “de Tijd”, stories were conceived, written and brought
to life in ink. INK Hotel is the place where “stories are yet to be written”.
· A good knowledge of the English language and Dutch is preferred.
· Affinity with numbers.
· Enrolled in a HBO finance, business administration or hospitality related study.
· Starting from October for 10 months (graduate internship).
And most importantly…. You will join a very fun and dynamic team!
Are you currently studying in the direction of Finance and are looking for a challenging internship in the region of Amsterdam? Then we advise you to send your motivation letter and CV, maybe we will meet soon for a good cup of coffee! You can send an email to the Talent & Culture department via the e-mail address .
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Send us an email or call us on +31 (0)20 5551 704.