Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts has signed a lease agreement to operate a landmark design-led property in The Hague – a move that accelerates its growth strategy in The Netherlands and Europe. The stylish 72-room Mövenpick Hotel The Hague will also mark a new era for the Swiss hospitality firm as it looks to evolve its interior design strategy with concepts that reflect the lifestyle preferences of modern global travellers.
The Mövenpick Hotel The Hague, which is due to open in the heart of one of The Netherlands’ most famous cities in 2019, will introduce leading-edge interior design concepts developed in partnership with premier global design firm Wilson Associates NYC.
This project will be “unmistakably Dutch” with references to regal motifs and the quirkiness for which Dutch design is renowned. The new Mövenpick Coffee & Wine Lounge concept will be unveiled at this property too, while key hotel features include an all-day dining brasserie, a gym and three meeting rooms, all designed to appeal to modern travellers.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for all general and operational tasks with a focus on following the critical path during pre-opening and then to maximize the financial performance and the guest satisfaction whilst adhering to service standards and operating procedures. The incumbent holds the full accountability for the hotel in the absence of his direct reporting line, the Regional Vice President Netherlands who is based at the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam.
• Puts together the manning guide, budgets and general operating procedures for the departments under her/ his supervision
• Monitors continuously revenues, costs and quality scores of the operating departments and directs actions as necessary in order to achieve the hotel objectives
• Manages and follows up upon feedback from guests and employees ensuring the highest satisfaction from all sides
• Participates in on-going inspections throughout the hotel to assure cleanliness, maintenance, safety and adherence to service and operating standards
• Organizes together with Human Resources Department and Department Heads on
training activities, cross exposure programs to ensure staff development
• Maintains sustainable relationships with top account customers and regular guests, with
special focus on V.I.P. guests and ensure identification of guests’ needs
• Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings,
writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function
• Master in Hotel Management or Business Administration, or other relevant area
• 6 years management experience with at least 2 years in an operational department,
preferably in an international 5* Hotel environment
• Good understanding sales and marketing activities
• Proven experience in increasing operational excellence and managing projects
• Entrepreneurial, continually spotting opportunities to increase revenue or reduce costs in
the context of a changing business environment; focused on finding pragmatic solutions
and being a strong executor
• Empathetic and approachable; able to build strong relationships with customers and
• Strong on planning and organizational skills; embracing change and setting priorities
• Service focused and proactive self- starter with an eye for details and processes
• Superior management skills, strong team player and motivating leader
• Written and oral fluency in local language and English
• Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, training and coaching skills
• International experience and multicultural mind set
We offer the suitable candidate a highly competitive salary and benefits package. We are a
member of Koninklijke Horeca Nederland and operate according to the Collective Labour
Agreement of Hospitality Industry. Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, part of AccorHotels offers
excellent international career development and training possibilities. Please note that if you are
not a citizen from a European Union state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands
you cannot apply for this position.